Before training as an accountant, I completed the Teach First programme as a secondary Mathematics teacher and spent three years in the classroom, so I know first hand the challenges that teachers face. I remember the highs and lows, including going into and (finally!) out of Special Measures, the extra interventions for the students who were struggling, and the great lessons where everyone finally seemed to get it. As a Headteacher you've got a lot more on your mind than just the state of the school's finances, but at the same time you're aware that managing this correctly is critically important to the future success of the school.
That's where I can come in. Having worked in audit in RSM UK, a top ten accountancy firm, and having specialised in education clients, I am ideally positioned to help you. As an auditor, I helped all my clients get a better control of their systems and processes as well as improving their financial reporting.
You can have a chartered accountant come in and take on your school's management accounting and reporting, and support you to get the finances and financial controls where they should be. Click the 'Contact Us' button in the top right corner for a no obligation discussion to find out how I can help you.
I am ready to help with all your financial management needs including:
- budget setting and monitoring;
- monthly management accounts;
- presentation to trustees and governors;
- cash flow monitoring and management;
- support with VAT returns;
- advice with treatment of revenue and capital expenditure;
- year end calculations including accruals and prepayments to support final accounts;
- statutory accounts preparation;
- review of financial governance and control policies;
- support with procurement;
- attendance at governors' and committee meetings.
GET IN TOUCH